Ratcliff is an industry leader in the planning and design of academic, civic, and healthcare projects throughout Northern California. We are seeking an Architectural Intern during the Summer of 2023 to join our team and expand their horizons while learning about the profession.
What You’ll Be Doing
No two internships are exactly alike, and the activities you may encounter will depend upon the skills that you bring to the position, the nature of the work the firm is currently conducting, and the associated project teams. These activities will likely provide you with professional exposure in varying amounts from among the following categories:
- Develop your design skills through opportunities to work on design projects, big or small
- Build your technical skills, gained through working and learning from others as well as by creating and working with presentations, digital models, drawings and spreadsheets
- Learn business functions, including finance, staffing, business development and workplace technology
- Improve your interpersonal skills, by learning how to communicate, and present your ideas clearly and precisely
- Build a network of people who can help you with your career, either now or later
Who We’re Looking For
- Minimum of two academic years of architectural design completed, either through the completion of an Associate’s degree program, or through part of a current enrollment in a four- or five-year Bachelor’s program and/or a Master’s program
- Availability to work a minimum of 32 hours per week for a minimum duration of eight weeks, either contiguous or non-contiguous
- Ability to work at the firm’s Emeryville office no fewer than three days per week.
- Good writing and graphics abilities with software proficiency with the Microsoft 365 suite of applications, and some combination from among Revit, AutoCAD, Sketchup, Rhino, Lumion, Bluebeam and/or the Adobe Creative Cloud suite of applications
- Time management skills with ability to balance varying workloads
Base Compensation Rate
$18 / hour
Why Work at Ratcliff
If this challenge appeals to you and you enjoy a relaxed yet stimulating environment, you might enjoy working here. Ratcliff is an Equal Opportunity Employer, conveniently located in Emeryville, California, just across the Bay Bridge from San Francisco.
With few limitations, Ratcliff requires staff working in the office to be fully vaccinated and boosted for COVID-19. If you are hired, vaccination verification will be required to complete the hiring process.
Please apply to this position by clicking the link below.